Journal Help. Article Tools Print this article. Indexing metadata. How to cite item.
Finding References. Email this article Login required.
Font Size. Notifications View Subscribe. Current Issue. Abstracting and Indexing - Jurnal K ta.
Editor and Administration Address:. Abstract Recent research on science education has increasingly focused on the literacy challenges posed by multimodality. While students are required by government mandated syllabi to make a successful translation between different semiotic resources, there still remains a lack of research on the grammars and functionality of the specialized modalities to develop explicit instructions to improve literacy practices. It is argued that chemical symbolism is far from a jargon or mere shorthand for language.
Instead, it develops unique grammatical devices to realize sub-microscopic meaning and topological meaning, which outstrips the meaning potential of language. The current study also discusses how the SF-MDA approach could develop a visible pedagogy and improve chemistry education.
- How to eat super food for health,change your life for healthy!
- A review of M. A. K. Halliday, Aspects of Language and Learning.
- A Brief History of Yoga.
- Worlds Best 30 Second Jokes.
- Uma oferta interessante (Sabrina) (Portuguese Edition);
- Reading Science: Critical and Functional Perspectives on Discourses of Science.
- Source Coding Theory (The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science).
Keywords Multimodality, systemic-functional theory, chemical symbolism. Full Text: PDF. References Brock, W. The Norton history of chemistry. New York: Norton. Language, text and context. Victoria: Derkin University.it.exukucagekah.ga
Jay Lemke - Google Scholar Citations
The language of displayed art. London: Leicester University Press. Pinker, S.
The language instinct. New York: Morrow.
Remember me. Page view s Google Scholar TM Check. Reconsidering "cause inside the clause" in scientific discourse - from a discourse semantic perspective in systemic functional linguistics. Hao, J. Causality Cause inside the clause Grammatical metaphor Research articles Biology Systemic functional linguistics. Text and talk, Sept.
Reading Science: Critical and Functional Perspectives on Discourses of Science
In response to a range of feedback from colleagues in Australia and around the world it seemed appropriate in to take advantage of the visits of Charles Bazerman and Jay Lemke to Australia and organise a workshop focusing on issues arising from a range of contemporary readings of science discourse. Lemke, of course, had been collaborating with Halliday and Martin since the late s-both with respect to science education and various questions having to do with semiotic theory and text semantics.
- When Saints Pray.
- Reading Science: Critical and Functional Perspectives on Discourses of Science;
- Chasing Luck.
- Das Bernsteinzimmer: Dem Mythos auf der Spur (German Edition)!
- Was machen wir morgen, Mama? Insel Usedom: Erlebnisführer für Kinder und Eltern (German Edition)!
- Working with disciplinary discourses in the light of systemic functional theory.
Search all titles. Search all titles Search all collections. Your Account Logout.